Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus /Trojan problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 wysko

wysko

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:16 AM

I posted all of the information and combofix log file Here .

Any help greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wysko

wysko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:40 AM

New development;

There were only 2 user accounts on this system, Admin & Guest(<- which I could not delete for some reason) I rebooted the machine, and now the mouse no longer works , and the 2 user accounts are labeled as Admin (same old) and the second is labeled as ADMINISTRATOR. I immediately disconnected the system from the network, but thats where it stands now . :thumbsup:

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:29 PM

If you are getting assistance from another website...you should not also be posting here at BC's XP forum.

Creates unnecessary potential for confusion.

I know that may persons do this sort of thing (taking the shotgun approach to problem-solving)...but it's highly unlikely that you will receive the same direction from two different forums...at the same time. This limits the ability to solve anything.

Secondly...if you have a malware issue that you want assistance on...you need to post to a malware forum, not an XP forum that deals with non-malware issues.

For future reference, BleepingComputer.com - Am I infected What do I do - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

Louis

#4 wysko

wysko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:08 PM

Sorry to bother you so.

No shotgun effect here . I downloaded Combofix at this site, then under the very well detailed instructions, the first link I saw for discussion was "the other site".
After registering and posting there, I realized that this site had a discussion forum. For future tact reference , you could have hit the "send PM" tab and said something like " Hey man, you might want to move this to the correct forum as its in the wrong one" instead of the public display of your green taggedness which added nothing to this problem , and yet another tad of aggrivation to it all.

thanks for that

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:13 PM

Please note the message text in blue concerning Combofix
at the top of the Am I infected? What do I do? forum.

(this also applies to links for CF logs posted elsewhere)

ComboFix is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained in the use of the program.
ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance
and supervision of an expert
", NOT for private use.

Please read
Combofix's Disclaimer.

Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing
it from ever starting again.

Even if your post was moved to another forum, you would be told that "Any posts containing CF Logs will be ignored" and other tools would be suggested.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 14 August 2009 - 05:23 PM.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 09:14 PM

Reposted in the Am I Infected forum, here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...p;#entry1385001

To avoid further confusion, and multiple threads on the Bleeping Computer forums, this topic is closed.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users