Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

vista home compaq presario won't boot

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 doctorphibes

doctorphibes

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:58 AM

I finally got a reaction from this machine it will still not power down without unplugging and battery out. at first just black screen with options at bottom, once it allowed me to changed boot order but when I put cd in it won't boot either. No safe mode nothing. I did finally after months get this just now...
As follows: PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.1
copyright bla blah

F.32
CPU0(zero) = AMD Athalon Dual Core QL-62

CPU Stepping = B1 2000 Mhz
MemClk = 333Mhz Tcl = 5.0 Tcrd = 5 Tras = 12 Trp=5
CPU<->MCP:LDT Frequency =1800Mhz LDT Width = 16bit DOWN -16bit UP
601K System RAM Passed
1918M Extended RAM passed
1024K Cache SRAM Passed
System BIOS shadowed
Video BIOS shadowed

P.S. I pulled the hard drive and hooked it to my desktop with a USB powered or unpowred tri hdd diagnostic device and it read the drive but wont let me explore it but it does start to run through files almost like it was trying to install itself on my machine so I cancelled it.
So I think the hard drive "might" be good still or slightly damaged.
Also F2 (start up check) will give me a please wait message...foerever.

Can anyone help with that little bit of info?
Thanks,
Doc :huh:

Edited by doctorphibes, 14 August 2009 - 09:13 AM.

I am enough of the artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. Albert Einstein

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users