Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista User Prifiles messed up!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 san2222

san2222

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:35 AM

Ok here is the story....I was (and still is) infected with WinNT/Alureon.C trojan.This was found by Microsoft's MRT.It finds it and then removes it but when i scan again..its still there.This was found and removed by SuperAntispyware and again it came back.Norton Online scan did not find it.I was not able to use RootRepeal or Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware because it crashes.

I then backed up my registry using ERDNT. Then i used a Temp cleaner (I cant remember its name, it had a very short name, i think it had only like 3 letters to its name and its icon was like small recycle bin)...this cleaner stopped explorer.exe and then showed the cleaning process in its window.It stated that if everything is cleaned properly it will bring me back to the desktop otherwise the machine needed a reboot.

So the machine rebooted..and now when i logged into my account..i realised that like 30 Gbs of data was erased..okk no problem.those data were mostly unimportant files(Music+Pictures+Downloads+My Favorites+Firefox Bookmarks etc),so its perfectly fine..The desktop was completely empty,the fonts look weird,theres nothing in the"All programs" except for Internet Explorer+Windows Mail+Windows Media Player+Accessories.Theres nothing in Accessories except for IE without addons.And also i got an nerror like "Your User profile was not loaded correctly.You have been logged on with the default profile.."
It seems theres no System Restore..and when i try to run msconfig i get an error in a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library saying "This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.Please contact the application's support team for more info.."

I then followed the advise from here and here..

Im posting this with the Administrator account (when i log in here also i get the same message as above)...and i still see my old account in C:\Users..but with nothing in it..

Any ideas, solutions,workaround?..( Theres no CD Drive and Recovery Console in this machine :-( )

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 san2222

san2222
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:28 PM

The Temp cleanup utility was TFC.exe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users