Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with USB Modem in XP Pro SP2

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Yps

Yps

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:11 AM

Hi
I am from India and I use the internet facility of Tata Indicom using their CDMA 1x USB Modem of Sungil.
The modem was installed on my Win XP Pro SP2 machine and working fine.

Recently i formatted my machine since it had some virus issues and now everything is clean. i also have a a licensed version of Quickheal Total Security installed.

I installed the modem again but now it is giving me problems.

It disconnects after 10 - 15 minutes automatically but the double monitor connectivity thing shows on the system tray.

I get the following error at times:
09/08/11 23:04:53 CreateFile FAIL : ModemPort=\\.\SIT_1x_usbmodem #2 ERR:32 ERRMSG:The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

I cannot disconnect.

I have to restart my machine to connect to the Internet again.

What is wrong?

Best regards,
Yps

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:16 PM

Check that the USB isn't being shut off. Power options in Control panel is the easiest but there might be something in the BIOS as well. Altho formatting and installing the OS wouldn't change the BIOS.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users