Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD Drive

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 knejt

knejt

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:56 AM

I installed a dvd drive but when I put a DVD in it, it is as if I put nothing in as when I click "properties" it says that I inputted nothing :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:36 AM

What type of DVD drive is it? Exact type please. Is there a + and\or a - symbol in the name of the drive?

Is the DVD a blank one or prerecorded? What type of DVD is it, is there a + and\or a - symbol in the name of the DVD type?

Edited by ThunderZ, 14 August 2009 - 06:37 AM.

#3 knejt

knejt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:30 AM

What type of DVD drive is it? Exact type please. Is there a + and\or a - symbol in the name of the drive?

Is the DVD a blank one or prerecorded? What type of DVD is it, is there a + and\or a - symbol in the name of the DVD type?

The Dvd is blank there is neither a + or - in the dvd drive. It is a RAW drive but the DVD is rightable and not prerecorded.

Apparently it is also telling me it is a CD drive whenever I input it in the DVD the DVD drive.

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:37 AM

This is a new drive? Do you still have the box or paper work that came with it.

The + or - tells you which disk type(s) it is compatible with.

The DVD should also have a + or - symbol on the packaging it came in.

It is possible the DVD is bad. I have bought DVDs in the large packs. It never failed to have a few bad ones in it. Usually the first few at the top and the last few at the bottom.

Also a blank DVD may\will show up as nothing until written to.

#5 knejt

knejt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:38 AM

This is a new drive? Do you still have the box or paper work that came with it.

The + or - tells you which disk type(s) it is compatible with.

The DVD should also have a + or - symbol on the packaging it came in.

It is possible the DVD is bad. I have bought DVDs in the large packs. It never failed to have a few bad ones in it. Usually the first few at the top and the last few at the bottom.

Also a blank DVD may\will show up as nothing until written to.

Thus, I should wait till I install nero to see if I really have a problem or not?

#6 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2009 - 09:27 AM

If you have no software used\intended to recognize, play and or burn DVDs then I doubt you have a problem right now.

While Nero is not my software of choice, yes, there is a very good possibility that will solve the situation.

That is of course if the DVD drive and DVD are compatible. + and or -

#7 knejt

knejt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:11 AM

If you have no software used\intended to recognize, play and or burn DVDs then I doubt you have a problem right now.

While Nero is not my software of choice, yes, there is a very good possibility that will solve the situation.

That is of course if the DVD drive and DVD are compatible. + and or -

Thank you very much, I inserted a DVD that was already prerecorded and it worked.

#8 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:13 AM

:thumbsup: Glad to have helped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users