Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell 1525 Will Not Turn On

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nick Johnson

Nick Johnson

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:27 PM

I have a dell 1525 running vista. My wife dropped the laptop and now it will not fully boot up and does not produce an image on the screen. When I turn the power on and hold down the FN key the "9 Lock Light(num lock light)" stays flashing until I turn off the computer. Does anyone know what this error light means? I took apart the laptop and looked for any loose connections. The activity light cable was a little loose but I could not find anything else wrong. Please help. Thank you.

Nick

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:00 AM

Can you let us know which one of these codes your laptop has: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/glo...&doclang=en
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 Nick Johnson

Nick Johnson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:12 PM

I have the first code on the list. Right and middle lights solid on, left light flashing

Flash Code Description Action That May Be Necessary
The Microcontroller is handing control of the system to the processor. This code will persist if there is no processor detected.

1. Reseating the processor.

2. Replacing the system board.

3. Replacing the processor

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:10 AM

When you went through the laptop, to check the connections, did you check to make sure the processor is snugly in the socket? You should also check to make sure the heatsink/fan is snugly attached to it.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users