Jump to content
Posted 16 July 2005 - 05:58 PM
Posted 16 July 2005 - 08:50 PM
Error Message: "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator"
This error is caused by restrictions placed in Registry. DisableTaskMgr value is set to 1. To enable Task Manager, try any of these methods:
Click Start, Run and type this command exactly as given below: (better - Copy and paste)
Download and run this REG fix and double-click it (reg fix found here)
* Open Registry Editor (Regedit.exe) and navigate to:
HKCU \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies\ System
* In the right-pane, double-click DisableTaskMgr and set it's data to 0
Method 4: Using Group Policy Editor [ Windows XP Professional ]
* Click Start, Run, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
* Navigate to this path
=> Administrative Templates
===> Ctrl+Alt+Delete Options
====> Remove Task Manager
* Double-click the Remove Task Manager option.
* Set the policy to Not Configured.
Edited by Techsomething, 16 July 2005 - 08:53 PM.
Posted 16 July 2005 - 08:58 PM
Posted 16 July 2005 - 10:03 PM
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users