Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fast computer running real slow

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wordmaster

wordmaster

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:21 PM

I have a relatively fast computer that is running really really slow. I have been through all the advice given here to get rid of malware of all sorts, I have run defrag, I have corrected my video driver and it was suggested I start a new topic in this forum.

I am running windows 2000 sp4 and can dual boot into Ubuntu. I have eliminated machine problems by running Ubuntu which runs at normal speed. I have done away with malware, so it is something in my windows.

I would mention that it had been running at normal speed and suddenly Firefox would not connect to the net, and that is when it also got slow. Malwarebytes corrected the firefox problem, but even after all the anti-malware programs, etc. the slowness still remains. To give you an idea, I have to wait for the letters to show up as I type...and I am not that fast at typing.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wordmaster

wordmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:32 PM

I should also mention, I have done all the steps mentioned in the "slow computer" sticky at the top of the forum and am now at the last one...asking for help from y'all.

Does no one have any idea what my problem might be?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users