Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"System" process Spiking up all the way to 100% CPU

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mathwiz9

mathwiz9

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:20 PM

The process does not have an ".EXE" at the end

The "System" process would spike all the way to 100% CPU usage so fast that windows task manger does not record it it records it at a max of 70% and every time it spikes my computer will lag for about .8 seconds (even happens with the mouse). I scanned with Avira Antivir personal (A.K.A Free) and found nothing. Also when I restart my computer the problem goes away until i play a video or sound clip. The spikes happen about every 3-8 seconds. See the Variation in this picturePosted Image

HP Pavilion a6112n PC
Windows XP Home SP3
2GB of RAM
AMD Anthlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ 2.11GHz

P.S I read other stories and they posted something about an application called Process Explorer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mathwiz9

mathwiz9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:37 PM

When i disconnected my printer it stopped but i would still like to use my printer :thumbsup:

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:58 AM

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb896653.aspx

See if you can identify what is running under System and using all the CPU?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#4 mathwiz9

mathwiz9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:06 AM

it was something about my printer, (it started with HP) right when i was going to get the name it crashed and now when i restart the service isn't there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users