Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

which netbook should i get for simple games?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dobroman

Dobroman

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:42 PM

I will be going to a boring job next month where I will have no internet connection except before I go into work and cell phones are prohibited. I'm think of getting a netbook and download some simple games like poker, spades, arkanoid (I'm old, lol) instead of buying a psp or nintendo ds.

Which kind of netbook should I get and is 1 g enuf, or should I get the nintendo and the card games?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:18 PM

Netbooks are almost the exact same no matter which one you get. Or so it seems.

I'd go for whichever one you like the most in feel and how it looks.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#3 txtchr

txtchr

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:21 AM

Find several that are set up on display and turned on in a store (this is sometimes easier said than done). Feel the touchpad and how it responds to your movements. This has been one of the biggest complaints with netbooks: the size and response of the touchpads.

Improvements have been made in the most recent models, but there are people who are so used to the larger size of a laptop touchpad that they can't really get used to the abbreviated size of a netbook touchpad.

And try out the keyboard. Not all netbook keyboards are created equal.

To answer your question about memory: yes, 1 GB is enough to play the games you mentioned. Some netbooks are easily upgraded to 2 GB if you feel that is an issue. Most come with 160 GB hard drives. Check the specs before you buy.

#4 Dobroman

Dobroman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:16 PM

thanx, I appreciate the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users