Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antispy Protector 2009 (rootkit?)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 samurainigel

samurainigel

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:30 PM

I actually stumbled upon this forum because of a thread talking about this nasty little bugger and how it's got a rootkit attached to it. In the situation with the current infected computer I have, I'm not immediately concerned about the problem, as we've already begun a wipe/reinstall on the machine. I work for a large school district though (30,000+ computers) and when things like this show up on even a single computer, it usually means others are soon to follow. I'd prefer if there was a better way to deal with this than a format/reinstall.

Any suggestions? I, myself am comfortable doing things by hand by many members of our tech team are not, so any removal utilities that are floating around out there would be helpful as well.

Thanks in advance! Nice place you got here!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:23 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/249117/antispy-protector-2009-rootkit-big-trouble/

The tools will be updating to counter this new nasty but for now it takes a trained expert to design a custom attack on the infection
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users