Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lots of problems!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 motoxrob519

motoxrob519

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:21 PM

I woke up and my computer had the blue screen of death with error code STOP: 0x000000d1(oxe21170000,0x00000002,0x00000000,0xef3110af) It allows me to normally login but then it either freezes or gives me the BSOD with same message after a couple of minutes. I can login in to safemode with networking and use the internet fine except it won't let me go microsoft.com and other malware sites. I ran a full virus scan and it found a bunch of files infected by the trojanhorse and I deleted them. I started researching these problems and thats where I found this website. I can't run sdfix, malwarebytes, scanbot search and destroy. I try to open these programs and I get a quick hour glass and then nothing. If you guys could help me out I would greatly appreciate it!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:35 PM

You could try running this:

http://www.freedrweb.com/livecd
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 motoxrob519

motoxrob519
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:49 AM

won't even let me go to that website. anyone got any more suggestions. any experts out there that could help out would be greatly appreciated.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:39 AM

Do you have access to another computer where you could download it.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 motoxrob519

motoxrob519
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:51 PM

ran drweb and it found like 1400 infected files. cured most of them and deleted the incurable. said I had to restart computer after scan so i did and it went straight to blue screen. couldn't even get into safe mode without blue screen of death popping up. had to use last best known configuration and then was able to get into safe mode. got any other ideas? i'm on the verge of just reformatting and reinstalling windows.

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:09 PM

If this was my computer I would format and reinstall Windows.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users