Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD during game launch

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 noob2Epic

noob2Epic

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:51 PM

Leading up to my problem: The other day I replaced my integrated nVidia GeForce 6150LE with the nVidia GeForce 9500 GT. Installed the drivers, got it working, everything was very pretty. I installed a couple new games, Neo Steam and World of Kung Fu. Both games patched, fully launched, and ran just fine. (I'm hoping the card has nothing to so with the issue at hand)

This morning I boot up and when I launch Neo Steam I get the blue screen of death. Windows Error Reporting says:

Malware alert: Problem caused by XDVAnnn.sys, which might be malware

Your computer experienced a problem that was caused by XDVAnnn.sys.

So I scanned my system with AVG Free and it's clean. Googling around I learn that the problem is (apparently) caused by Xtrap, which Neo Steam uses. Xtrap appears to be one of those anti-hacking guards for games. I uninstalled Neo Steam when I couldn't find a solution. However, the problem still persists. World of Kung Fu causes a BSOD during launch but it doesn't seem to use Xtrap. I tried launching Atlantica Online and it ran like normal.

I also got an Error Report about my drivers, so I reinstalled my nVidia drivers. And then I got a Corrupted error report. :thumbsup:

Is this a solvable problem? I'll be happy to provide whatever information is needed.

Thanks in advanced.

EDIT: Combat Arms causes the BSOD as well. However, Windows Error Reporting says it is a problem with the Video Driver. Which is weird, because I managed to play Combat Arms, Neo Steam, World of Kung Fu, etc... With the new graphics card.

Edited by noob2Epic, 13 August 2009 - 01:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:37 PM

Did you uninstall the drivers to the old card, before putting the new card in your system and installing the drivers for it?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 noob2Epic

noob2Epic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:46 PM

Yes I did.

I find the strangest thing is that everything worked fine, all the games, with the new card. But suddenly they don't now.

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:11 AM

Have you disabled your integrated graphics in device manager?

Run memtest overnight to see if your ram is bad http://memtest.org/ .

My old Dell had integrated graphics that I could play older games on, but once I got a graphics card, my computer started crashing while gaming. It turns out my ram was bad, but only caused my graphics card to crash my computer, not my previous integrated graphics.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users