Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP-Virus Attack

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 missy2b

missy2b

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:56 AM

For over the past month my computer is continuing to get attacked by viruses. I have all the Free Downloadable programs like AVG, Avast, Spybot, Ad-Aware. I update them daily and typically it would work, but this time....I have something that won't go away. No matter how much I scan. I don't have 4 hours to scan because I work alot online and on deadlines.

1. What is the best program I can purchase to protect my computer.

2. What is the best way to take out this virus and clean my computer?

Thank you for your advice.

Marjorie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:27 PM

<<1. What is the best program I can purchase to protect my computer.>>

There is no "best proram." Computer/system security involves varied factors, including:

a. Proper installation of O/S critical updates that have issued.

b. Proper use of a firewall to provide one layer of defense.

c. Installation, updating, and routine use of a reliable AV program.

d. Installation, updating, and routine use of at least 2 (IMO) malware defense programs. I suggest Malwarebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware.

e. User employment of practices summarized in the concept "safe computing."

<<2. What is the best way to take out this virus and clean my computer?>>

IMO...don't assume that you can do what needs to be done. Employ resources such as BleepingComputer.com - Am I infected What do I do - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/ to get assistance from those who know how to counteract the impacts of malware.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users