Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Big problems with some kind of bug

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 awb3

awb3

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 16 July 2005 - 01:41 PM

I hope someone can help me with this. Something happened one day as I was surfing and I think I got several Trojan horse virus's and some other stuff. I tried to run AVG virus scan, Spybot, and Adaware SE, but everytime I did the programs would either lock up or give me a warning message that there was a failure and I would have to restart my programs. The thing is, is that the programs would always stop when it got to the Temporary internet files.

I tried all of the above in safe mode (thanks to you guys) and it did the same thing. I then went folder by folder looking for virus's and it identified 7 things which it deleted but when I came to the temporary Int. files it locked up again. I have been able to view some of the temp files but there are a couple of sub-folders that I can't see the contents.

I downloaded CCcleaner and I got no new results.

The last thing that I will mention, is that when the viruses were being downloaded, I unplugged the broadband cable from the computer and I saw a notice about about MS Access. i have no idea what that is about. Any help would be appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 billgina

billgina

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2005 - 01:49 PM

My problem is similar but after deleting and running virus software .. the last time I tried to reboot in normal mode the computer will not even start

#3 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2005 - 05:03 PM

I reccomend using HiJack This and posting your log in the Hijack this forum, go here to download it:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/Merijn/HijackThis.zip

From Grinlers Tutorial for HJT:

HijackThis is a utility that produces a listing of certain settings found in your computer.  HijackThis wills scan your registry and various other files for entries that are similar to what a Spyware or Hijacker program would leave behind.  Interpreting these results can be tricky as there are many legitimate programs that are installed in your operating system in a similar manner that Hijackers get installed.  Therefore you must use extreme caution when having HijackThis fix any problems.  I can not stress how important it is to follow the above warning.

When you download hijack this, click scan and save logfile when it is first open. A notepad document will open up after the scan, simply copy and paste the contents of the notepad in a new topic from the Hijack this log and analysis forum on BC

good luck

Just cleaned up the post a bit. Closed quote tags. ~ S

Edited by Scarlett, 16 July 2005 - 10:52 PM.

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2005 - 06:05 PM

Just please keep in mind that all Highjack This Team Members are volunteers. One must practice a little patience, when waiting for help. I promise you though that they will get to you as soon as they are able.

And above all do not attempt to work on your log yourself. And only take the advice from an official HJT Team Member. Which will show under thier name and avatar.

One more thing. Do not reply to your own post. As the Team keeps an eye out for zero replies. If they see a reply they will assume that someone is already helping you out. Then I'm afraid that you may get lost in the shuffle.

How to Post a Highjack This Log
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users