Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble with Remote Access and ComboFix

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DnDer

DnDer

• Members
  • 646 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:07 AM

I am working with someone to get my malware problem fixed, but I need a quick networking question answered.

After running ComboFix, I had someone turn off the computer at the location where the machine is, and reboot it. I could no longer log into the machine remotely upon it reestablishing connection.

Now, I had them unjoin the domain and join a workgroup, then rejoin the domain (all with the requisite reboots), which worked yesterday, but it's not working today.

Using my network login I provided for them, brings up the desktop but none of the shared resources.

HELP!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DnDer

DnDer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 646 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:50 PM

UPDATE:
Trying to rejoin the domain (I'm at the computer now) gets me a note to see dcdiag.txt, which tells me I have an error 0x0000267c, followed by No DNS Servers configured for local system.

It took me two more tries to join the domain after that. The first attemp said the network path was not found. The second attempt was successful.

I have logged into the computer, onto the domain, using my network credentials. I do not have access to ANY network resources (ie drives mapped to my name), but I do have access to my outlook e-mail on the exchange server.

This computer can't be reached via any sort of remote access, either. It's like I'm on the network, but not...

#3 DnDer

DnDer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 646 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:33 AM

I was able to track down the problem thanks to a diligent (and much smarter) co-worker. The Windows Firewall had been enabled, and was blocking network traffic in and out of the machine, for the most part.

I like learning something new every day... I just don't like having to learn it the hard way. >_< XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users