Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

window 7 playing error sound for no reason

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nizzan

nizzan

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:12 AM

hi everybody,
i've installed windows 7 x64 on my laptop (hp tx 2620ej) a few days ago and it wont stop playing error sound every few minutes for no reason.
there is one device that wasnt recognized (wont find his driver), but even when disabled it the sound was still on.
ive tried checking running programs but couldnt find anything wrong.
what can be the problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:34 AM

Did you try maybe checking the event logs?

#3 nizzan

nizzan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:52 PM

can you explain me how to check it?

not realy sure that i know what you mean.

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:41 PM

Sure. Windows has a set of reporting tools that monitor what is happening with your system. If you go into the start menu, then right click on "Computer", then select Manage, the Windows Management window will open. If you look on the left side, you will see a tree menu. Open up the Event Viewer, and click on "Applications and Logs". It will take a few moments to populate. Once it does, then you can click on "Hardware events". See if anything shows up there. If not, go to Windows Logs and check under System and Application. If there is nothing there, go to the device manager (further down on the left side) See if there are any devices marked there as being a problem.

#5 nizzan

nizzan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:38 AM

first of all, thank you for your help!

i've checked the event log according to the time of the last sound and i found the following error:

"The Application Experience service entered the running state." (event id 7036)

when i pressed the help button, its said that its ok but i still dont want it to play the sound. what can i do? i can i stop it from playing the sound?

#6 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2009 - 09:12 AM

I don't know how to remove sounds from an event without creating your own custom sound profile.

#7 nizzan

nizzan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:22 PM

ok. thank you anyway! :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users