Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My HP Pavilion dv5000 Notebook wont power up.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lun7200

lun7200

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:49 AM

Hello all, I have an HP dv5000 notebook and it will not power up

The light that turns on when the notebook is charging is lit on but the notebook still wont power up.

I was just using it, and my notebook was getting low on battery charge but I wasnt near an outlet so I just used it until it died, and it did, literally

I got home and plugged it in and the charging light lit on but the Notebook never powered.

I tried a different outlet, still no fix.

I let it just sit and still no fix

I opened the RAM cover, removed the RAM chips and then put them back and still no fix.

Other than the RAM cover I did I have never opened this Notebook, not even like a Hard Drive removal or anything like that.

Im using am Intel Centrino Duo Processor on a Windows XP x86.

I havent installed any new hardware or anything along those lines. I was just using it regularly.

I keep my antivirus and registry in tip top shape but either way if it was malware it would atleast attempt to boot something, right?

I dont know what I can do, some people have told me that it could be a fried processor but I dont want to put any work into it until I know what im trying to do

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ShIzNiT1707

ShIzNiT1707

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:35 PM

The light that turns on when the notebook is charging is lit on but the notebook still wont power up.

I was just using it, and my notebook was getting low on battery charge but I wasnt near an outlet so I just used it until it died, and it did, literally

I got home and plugged it in and the charging light lit on but the Notebook never powered.

I opened the RAM cover, removed the RAM chips and then put them back and still no fix.

Other than the RAM cover I did I have never opened this Notebook, not even like a Hard Drive removal or anything like that.

I havent installed any new hardware or anything along those lines. I was just using it regularly.

I keep my antivirus and registry in tip top shape but either way if it was malware it would atleast attempt to boot something, right?

I dont know what I can do, some people have told me that it could be a fried processor but I dont want to put any work into it until I know what im trying to do

Thanks in advance.

I know it sounds crazy and incredibly stupid, but do it. I swear, I've fixed the same problem twice so far doing this.

Take out the charger cable, battery, and anything else connected to it. Open it up, hold it upside down, with the keyboard facing the ground. Hold the power button for 30 seconds while it's in that position. Plug it back in, and it should turn on.

I have no idea why this works, but I saw it on some forum with no explanation and has saved me hundreds of dollars. Just give it a try and see what happens.

Good luck.

#3 lun7200

lun7200
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:10 AM

Thanks in advance.

I know it sounds crazy and incredibly stupid, but do it. I swear, I've fixed the same problem twice so far doing this.

Take out the charger cable, battery, and anything else connected to it. Open it up, hold it upside down, with the keyboard facing the ground. Hold the power button for 30 seconds while it's in that position. Plug it back in, and it should turn on.

I have no idea why this works, but I saw it on some forum with no explanation and has saved me hundreds of dollars. Just give it a try and see what happens.

Good luck.

with the laptop open or closed? how long?

#4 lun7200

lun7200
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:21 PM

OMG! IT powered up!!! LMAO thanks alot dude....Wow...lol...youre like a computer miracle worker lol.

#5 ShIzNiT1707

ShIzNiT1707

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:06 AM

OMG! IT powered up!!! LMAO thanks alot dude....Wow...lol...youre like a computer miracle worker lol.

LMAO. I know, I know.

Wow, good to hear. I have no idea why that works, and I'd really like to. Glad I could help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users