Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recovery D Drive is at Capacity

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FreeRadicals

FreeRadicals

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:25 PM

HP Vista OS, warning D drive is almost full. Exploring D Drive is blocked and I wouldn't know what to look for anyway. Is it possible that regular storage would go to the D Drive, since the C Drive is mostly empty? Don't know what to do when D Drive reaches capacity, as only 9 MB are left.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:21 PM

Is D drive your recovery partition? Unless you tell something to save there, everything should be going onto your C drive. Has it always been that full, or is it just recently?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 FreeRadicals

FreeRadicals
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:33 PM

Thank you for responding.
I'll try to answer as best I can, this is my sister's computer, she's in Phoenix, I live in Miami. I'm trying to help her out while I'm visiting.

The computer is 2 yrs old and not used for anything heavy duty. She thinks the warnings started when a "friend" worked on it in December. Had some conflict problems with a new antivirus. As we speak, I'm getting the warning about the D drive and yes, it supposed to be for recovery but Vista won't allow access to see what filled it up. The computer only has a few basic programs.

Right now the C Drive has 196G free of 289G & D Drive has 7.66MB of 8.78 free. Clean up won't touch the D Drive, either.

Thanks in advance,
Paula

#4 FreeRadicals

FreeRadicals
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:35 PM

Sorry, that would be 7.66 MB free of 8.78 G

#5 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:51 AM

Well, I hate to say this, but I wouldn't really worry about it, unless it's really bothering you. This shouldn't cause your computer any issues, and windows is just telling you the drive is full. It shouldn't be filling up with anything else, and since it's pretty much full, I doubt anything else would be able to go on it.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#6 FreeRadicals

FreeRadicals
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:45 AM

Fair enough. Just concerned problems would follow the warning.

Thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users