Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

This game keeps on minimizing it self in a pattern of 1 min.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Newcomputer

Newcomputer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 16 July 2005 - 08:40 AM

When i am playing a full screen game, every minute or so, it mininzes automactically in a pattern. I try to maximize it again and it returns back to minized. I try again and it worked only for arond one minute then minimized.Plz help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 03:17 PM

its a bit of a long shot but it might be your computer performing a check mine does it on cs only it laggs at 30 second intervals im not sure what its all about something to do with the ram checking what systems are running or something like that but i dont know how to sort it out but some one must do

hope that was some help but like i said its a long shot
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

#3 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 18 July 2005 - 04:35 PM

do you have folding@home running. because I did and i played sims2 and had the same problem and just exited the program and the game worked.

#4 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2005 - 06:25 PM

you may want to also close other items on start taskbar and then the game should work.

Posted Image

Edited by frankie12, 18 July 2005 - 06:36 PM.

#5 U.S.C.G.

U.S.C.G.

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:51 PM

I had the same problem as frankie12 and I did the same thing that frankie12 did and it worked.
Support the United States Coast Guard!

#6 whappo

whappo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:19 PM

I had a trojan that was doing this. Posted Image
Just end the process from the task manager (quickly) and the go to C:\WINDOWS\etb\ and delete pokapoka62.exe from the folder.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Edited by whappo, 03 August 2005 - 05:20 PM.

#7 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2005 - 09:13 PM

I would say watch the task manager to see which program pops up to 100% usage when the computer spikes.

That kind of thing happened to me when I reformatted my computer last summer, there was a program that would spike my cpu usage in a set pattern, I eventually found the file and deleted it with no problems after that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users