Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disabled USB device.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Paracitefluke

Paracitefluke

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 16 July 2005 - 07:43 AM

Hi,

I plugged in my Ipod Shuffle and it wouldn't start up, but the safely remove hardware did, but when I tried to stop the Ipod Shuffle it would just not work. So for some stupid reason, I diabled the driver through properties in there. So I would like to know how to enable it now. I would like to know how I could access that specific profile of the Ipod and enable the driver so I can fix the Ipod. Please help me out, I'm desperate to listen to music, need to listen to it on my 2 hour rides to work. If I plug in the Ipod, I checked Device manager and it doesn't show the USB Mass Storage thing, so I can't enable it, it just makes the Device Manager window blink and flash and refresh over and over again, continuously. Thank you for helping me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rmm55

rmm55

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 16 July 2005 - 09:50 AM

Restart you computer, when you see the black screen with white text start pressing the delete key to get into the system bios or setup. In the headings that are listed on the left check for USB controller and devices Disabled. From here you can re-enable them. Hit f10 to exit and save changes.
Roy Mel - YourTechOnline technician
roy@no_spam_yourtechonline.com (remove no_spam_)

#3 Paracitefluke

Paracitefluke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2005 - 01:07 PM

Restart you computer, when you see the black screen with white text start pressing the delete key to get into the system bios or setup. In the headings that are listed on the left check for USB controller and devices Disabled. From here you can re-enable them. Hit f10 to exit and save changes.

That's not the problem. It's not through the BIOS screen. It's through the program. I disabled the driver for the USB device. And when I plug in the Ipod shuffle into the USB port. It just doesn't start or show in device manager.

Edited by Paracitefluke, 16 July 2005 - 01:21 PM.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 16 July 2005 - 01:25 PM

In your device manager, does a universal host controller show up under universal serial bus controllers? And, then do you see the usb root hubs under that?

Check "properties" of all devices you see in that tree. You can enable and update drivers there as well.

#5 Paracitefluke

Paracitefluke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2005 - 07:48 PM

In your device manager, does a universal host controller show up under universal serial bus controllers? And, then do you see the usb root hubs under that?

Check "properties" of all devices you see in that tree. You can enable and update drivers there as well.

What would that do to enabled my Ipod Shuffle's driver? Also I would like to know if there's some sort of profile specifically for my ipod, because if I plug it in a different computer it would work, but in this computer, since I disabled the driver to the ipod, it doesn't work. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users