Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

eViewer.exe missing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 suicidalhammer

suicidalhammer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 16 July 2005 - 07:32 AM

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone can help me with my problem?
I recently installed a trial photo editing program from ulead. After the trial period I uninstalled it but when I went to view pictures I have stored on my hard drive I get a program not found window with the following:

Windows can not find eViewer.exe

This is the file needed for opening files of type 'JPG File'.

It then says

Location of eViewer.exe: C:/

The thumbnails are still visable in the folder.

I have tried reinstalling windows over the top but this did more damage than good.

I am using windows ME.

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 16 July 2005 - 10:23 AM

Your image files are probably still associated with eViewer.
Have you tried to re-associate your image file types (.jpg, .gif, etc.) with the image viewer you used before installing eViewer?

I'm not sure if this is how ME does it (I use XP), but it might be close enough for you to figure it out:

Click Start
Click My Computer
Click Tools
Select Folder Options
Click the File Types tab
Scroll down to the file type you want to open with your image viewer, in your case, JPG
Click on it, to highlight it
Click the Change button
Then select your image viewer in the list provided( I think it's Image Preview in ME)
Click OK
Click Apply
Click OK

Post back, and let us know if it worked.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 suicidalhammer

suicidalhammer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 16 July 2005 - 11:15 AM

Sir,
You are an absolute god.
Its all working perfectly.
Thank you very much for your help.

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 16 July 2005 - 02:05 PM

Your quite welcome, suicidalhammer.
Glad I could help.
Thanks for posting back, and letting us know it worked.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users