Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Epson Photo RX630 problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ozlady

Ozlady

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 16 July 2005 - 06:01 AM

Hi,

I've bought an Epson Stylus Photo RX630 multi function today. I have it powered okay, and connected to the modem okay. I have a Compaq Presario computer and am using Windows 98.

I installed it as per instructions, and the unit itself is working fine...copying, reading memory card, printing etc. The problem is when I go to print from the computer that it keeps giving me the error message : "error writing to LPT1. There was a problem sending your document to the printer. Make sure printer cable is connected and that the printer is online."

When I was installed the driver, when it was asking for the port for the printer to work from it gave the message that it couldn't find one automatically and that I had to do it manually. I've checked on 'my computer' and the driver is the correct one, the Epson RX630 driver. Also the firewall and anti-virus were disabled while I was installing.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times to no avail, and the printed and online manuals are of no help.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 16 July 2005 - 06:51 AM

Hi check your firewall settings might have to make sure that printer is ticked in the exceptions, to allow document through to print.
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#3 Ozlady

Ozlady
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2005 - 05:47 PM

Thank you. I'll try that and let you know how it went.

Oz.

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2005 - 07:23 PM

Go into Start>Settings>Printers and right click the new printer and click properties. Look for the port and make sure its LPT1. If you have another printer in there delete it and right click the new one and set it as default.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users