Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Friendster FacebookQuestion ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:46 AM

Anyone have any idea what this means, I just joined cause a friend faraway invited me, . .

so it looks like they want my email account password that I use for Outlook express or my Personal Server Connection, That can't be can it ?

Found on Friendster Facebook site

Are your friends already on Facebook?

Many of your friends may already be here. Searching your email account is the fastest way to find your friends on Facebook.
Your Email:
Email Password:

Facebook will not store your password. Learn More.
We can't import contacts from this address yet.

If you can upload a CSV file or use Outlook, try using our File Importer. You may also try one of our supported email addresses.

Edited by Jove, 12 August 2009 - 10:50 AM.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nizzy

nizzy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 12 August 2009 - 01:21 PM

Hmm, I am on FB and when you click on "friends" you come to a screen that already has the email that you reg'd with and a button underneath that says "find friends" "Facebook will not store your password. Learn More." and a little link on the side that says "upload contacts file"

I personally would not do it that way, I would just search for people you know and send them a message asking them to "friend" you.

#3 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:33 PM

OK Nizzy,
I joined cause I have a friend or two and have been invited a few times, so I got into it, but will have to make the time to learn navigating that site, so, Thank you.

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#4 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:09 PM

nizzy,
so, if you feel like explaining one or two things, I'd appreciate it,

When you click share after writing a message or an answer to a message,

I see the answer appears on the persons wall, is that private, or can anyone enter a site where the messages are displayed. ?

Edited by Jove, 12 August 2009 - 08:09 PM.

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#5 nizzy

nizzy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:20 AM

That depends on a few things, 1) are you friends with anyone else and 2) is your/their FB set to private, if it is set to private then I think it depends on who they allow to see their profile as to whether anyone can read what you post as it with come up in your "feed".
If the profile is not set to private then anyone who stumbles upon that other person and wants to read the wall and anything else they or you have posted, they can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users