Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi there

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MartyGeek

MartyGeek

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 16 July 2005 - 02:45 AM

Hi,

Been having herds of probs with my box lately, so I thought I'd have some downtime and play a bit. :thumbsup:

Last week I lost 200Gb of data after my mobo crashed, :flowers: so I went out and bought myself the latest Pioneer Dual Layer DVD burner. :trumpet: I highly recommend it to anyone - it backed up over 8Gb's of my remaining data in a little over 20 minutes, not to mention it only cost me $100 AU! :inlove:

Anyway, back to the introductions. My name is Marty, and I've had the title Geek since before the 8088 came about (my first love). Since then, I've had every processor stepping Intel has dreamed up, and like them more and more with every revision. My current CPU is a little old, a P4 3000, which I'll upgrade shortly to the new generation.

I love sound, and believe you can't go past Creative for PC sound on a budget. I've currently got a SBLive hooked up to a Creative 2.1 cheap ($80AU) set of speakers - but do they rock!?! Yes, they do. Best 80 bucks I ever shelled out. I also love the Logitech speakers, and think they provide better bang for the buck up in the surround sound echelons. I would give my eye teeth for a high end Logitech set. But, I've already got three stereos, so the idea always gets squashed by my partner. One day....

What else, hmmm. Well, I am definitely NOT a social climber (surprise, surprise!). I have left the house about four times in the last five weeks, and don't mind that at all. All I need is here, and if people want me, I'm only an email away.

I'm also the worst employee anyone ever had. If I can't get my way, then there is no way! In line with this, I've been out on my own for five years, fixing computers, building websites and programming. I HATE :cool: the 9 to 5 drill, much prefer to work when I want, with who I want. Usually, I work from 11am to 1am or there abouts, get up when I want, and start working when I'm ready. Anyone who's ever belted out hundreds of thousands of lines of code would know where I'm coming from. I am an intensely focused individual, and have to work in rhythm with myself.

Anyway, getting a bit heavy. That's my rave for now. I'll go and read other people's raves....

Marty Out :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2005 - 11:01 PM

Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2005 - 03:39 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! MartyGeek.
Sounds like you ran into a little bad luck. If you get anymore just run here and we'll unjinx you.

Good Luck,
yanowhiz

#4 MartyGeek

MartyGeek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2005 - 06:33 PM

Thanks for the welcomes guys!

I've been surfing the forums, helping out where I can (more to the point lately, WHEN I can.... ).

Seems like a great little community you have here. Enjoying being a part of it so far.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers

M :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users