Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) requires that the server support the Range protocol header.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Toeler

Toeler

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:10 PM

I bought Aion a couple of weeks back, and tried to install it, however whenever I try and do so I get an error:

The server does not support the necessary HTTP protocol. Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) requires that the server support the Range protocol header.

I have spoken with the aion tech support and they came to the the conclusion that it was my ISP and that there was nothing they can do about it. So I contacted my ISP and they are so useless, all they did was bounce me between different people with no solution. So I came here, where hopefully somebody knows how to fix this.

I got a couple of my friends to try this out, and one friend who is just down the road had this same problem, and he is on cable with a different ISP. The other friend didn't have this problem, who is on ADSL with a different ISP again, however running on the same internet lines as my ISP. I have tried removing my router and using my modem incase my router was blocking something, but I still had the same problem. I have tried booting up with no programs except windows default programs running and still had the same problem.

I also got a log with the error, but it's really really long so I don't want to post it here in text, and I can't see any attachment option. So I have uploaded the txt file to rapidshare, so feel free to download it. Though I don't blame you if you don't trust me and thus don't download it, I am sure there are other ways I can pass the file onto you.

http://rapidshare.com/files/266423424/NCApplicationLog.log

I'd really like to get this working, so if anybody had any insight into this then that would be great.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Toeler

Toeler
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:47 PM

bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users