Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nero wont unistall properly from program list

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cooki2222

cooki2222

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:37 PM

Ok so i unistalled Nero at least i think i have but everytime i go into Program list these following entries appear

Posted Image

then when i click unistall these two boxes appear

Posted Image

I have tried going into the registry and deleting nero entries but alas i must be missing something or i am doing something wrong.

I have also tried nero's own remove tool but seeing as there is no Nero folder in programs it wont work

Any help at all would be brilliant

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mysterysgames

Mysterysgames

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:20 PM

You could try the uninstall tool that I've mentioned here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...t&p=1375580

If it doesn't work, reinstall Nero, and try this tool again. :thumbsup:

#3 cooki2222

cooki2222
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:57 AM

unfortunately i dont have the disc anymore so that option is unavailable, this nero has been installed for at least 6 months then when i tried to remove it thought i did but alas as said it still appears, anyone else have any ideas?

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:18 AM

Revo uninstaller

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

http://blogs.howtogeek.com/mysticgeek/2008...vo-uninstaller/
----------------------

How To Use Revo Uninstaller:
  • Please download Revo Uninstaller.
  • Extract the ZIP file to a folder and run revouninstaller.exe from there! (You can copy that folder to an USB Mass storage drive and use it without any installation required!)
  • There are two ways to uninstall programs with Revo Uninstaller:
    Important: Please, try to close the application you want to uninstall first!
  • Select the application in the list of installed applications and press the Uninstall button in the toolbar.
  • Right-click the application and click the Uninstall command in the displayed menu. Follow the instructions.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 cooki2222

cooki2222
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:50 AM

they dont seem to appear in revouninstall :/

#6 Aadilah

Aadilah

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:48 AM

try uninstalling it with Perfect Uninstaller. There must be something missing in the Nero program that you want to uninstall, so it is difficult to uninstall it from your computer. Perfect Uninstaller can help uninstall programs that does not list in the Add/Remove programs list. As long as the program locates on the computer, you can successfully uninstall it. Besides, this program will thoroughly scan the drives and the registry when uninstalling the program so as to completely uninstall it. We can say that with the help of Perfect Uninstaller, nothing will be left down. Also, what is more important is that it supplies us a choice to back up the registry. When the computer crashes or needs to be reinstalled, we can use the backup quickly do a restore job. Wish you good luck!

http://www.uninstalltips.com

#7 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:36 PM

Something clicked with the mention of Perfect Uninstaller, I knew I'd read something about it before, and coincidently came across that same thread again tonight on Wilders.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=225435

Just like the last post in the thread above, I've also tonight run the installer through VirusTotal and it came back clear. Perfect Uninstaller may very well be legit, but still, enough red flags for me to steer clear.

Web of Trust (WOT) report for perfectuninstaller.com.

No offense to Aadilah, but I would proceed with caution regarding Perfect Uninstaller.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users