Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pages Loading Slower than Usual

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Eluzion

Eluzion

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 15 July 2005 - 10:31 PM

Ok, well I have dial up, so obviously they don't go load fast anyway, but I mean, it's getting to be really bad, is there anyway to speed it up?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 16 July 2005 - 03:27 AM

I did indeed see your reply to my cablenut thread and wanted to verify that your doing it correctly. For you the process would be as the follows.

1. Open the directory where you installed cablenut.
2. Open the file entitled ccs
3. Open the 56 folder
4. If your using xp, then double click 56K_2k.ccs, save the changes to the registry and then reboot your computer.
5. If your using anything before nt/2003, then select the file called 56K_9x.ccs
6. Reboot your computer.

Your downloads speed should be faster.

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 16 July 2005 - 12:10 PM

Have you ever ran Scan Disk?

Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Scan Disk

Have you ever defraged?
Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defragmenter

If you have never done eiether of them, it should help some.

A Defrag done for the first time may take awhile. Be prepared. :thumbsup:

Scan Disk and Defrag are best done in Safe Mode.

There is another great way to optimize your system. By using CCleaner.
CCleaner_Version 1.21.

CCleaner is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less that a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware! :flowers:

Warning
Unless you are an expert, please steer clear of the Applications and the Issues options.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users