Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win32.Zbot / Win32.Agent.pz

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 nmartin199

nmartin199

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:39 PM

DDS (Ver_09-07-30.01) - NTFSx86 NETWORK
Run by Nicole at 15:32:50.43 on Tue 08/11/2009
Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.1013.611 [GMT -4:00]

FW: Norton Internet Worm Protection *disabled* {990F9400-4CEE-43EA-A83A-D013ADD8EA6E}

============== Running Processes ===============

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Nicole\Desktop\dds.scr

============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============

uStart Page = https://www.superlms.com/loanmanager/Menuman/Login.aspx
uSearch Page = hxxp://www.google.com/hws/sb/dell-usuk/en/side.html?channel=us
uDefault_Page_URL = www.google.com/ig/dell?hl=en&client=dell-usuk&channel=us&ibd=0071008
uSearch Bar = hxxp://www.google.com/hws/sb/dell-usuk/en/side.html?channel=us
mDefault_Page_URL = hxxp://www.dell.com
mDefault_Search_URL = hxxp://www.google.com/ie
mStart Page = hxxp://www.dell.com
uSearchAssistant = hxxp://www.google.com/ie
uSearchURL,(Default) = hxxp://www.google.com/search?q=%s
mSearchAssistant = hxxp://www.google.com/ie
mWinlogon: Userinit=c:\windows\system32\userinit.exe,c:\windows\system32\sdra64.exe,
BHO: {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - No File
BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper: {06849e9f-c8d7-4d59-b87d-784b7d6be0b3} - c:\program files\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\AcroIEHelper.dll
BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection: {53707962-6f74-2d53-2644-206d7942484f} - c:\progra~1\spybot~1\SDHelper.dll
BHO: SSVHelper Class: {761497bb-d6f0-462c-b6eb-d4daf1d92d43} - c:\program files\java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
BHO: Google Toolbar Helper: {aa58ed58-01dd-4d91-8333-cf10577473f7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO: {af69de43-7d58-4638-b6fa-ce66b5ad205d} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbarnotifier\3.1.807.1746\swg.dll
BHO: CBrowserHelperObject Object: {ca6319c0-31b7-401e-a518-a07c3db8f777} - c:\program files\dell\bae\BAE.dll
TB: &Google: {2318c2b1-4965-11d4-9b18-009027a5cd4f} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
TB: {0B53EAC3-8D69-4B9E-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - No File
TB: {C4069E3A-68F1-403E-B40E-20066696354B} - No File
TB: {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - No File
uRun: [DellSupport] "c:\program files\dellsupport\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
uRun: [MSMSGS] "c:\program files\messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
uRun: [swg] c:\program files\google\googletoolbarnotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
uRun: [Yahoo! Pager] "c:\progra~1\yahoo!\messen~1\YAHOOM~1.EXE" -quiet
uRun: [lsass] c:\documents and settings\nicole\application data\lsas.exe
uRunOnce: [SpybotDeletingB7971] command.com /c del "c:\windows\system32\sdra64.exe"
uRunOnce: [SpybotDeletingD1793] cmd.exe /c del "c:\windows\system32\sdra64.exe"
mRun: [IgfxTray] c:\windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
mRun: [HotKeysCmds] c:\windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
mRun: [Persistence] c:\windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
mRun: [SunJavaUpdateSched] c:\program files\java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
mRun: [PMX Daemon] ICO.EXE
mRun: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
mRun: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
mRun: [PDVDDXSrv] "c:\program files\cyberlink\powerdvd dx\PDVDDXSrv.exe"
mRun: [dscactivate] c:\dell\dsca.exe 3
mRun: [ECenter] c:\dell\e-center\EULALauncher.exe
mRun: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "c:\program files\adobe\reader 8.0\reader\Reader_sl.exe"
mRunOnce: [Spybot - Search & Destroy] "c:\program files\spybot - search & destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /autocheck
mRunOnce: [SpybotDeletingA854] command.com /c del "c:\windows\system32\sdra64.exe"
mRunOnce: [SpybotDeletingC8595] cmd.exe /c del "c:\windows\system32\sdra64.exe"
StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\alluse~1\startm~1\programs\startup\dellne~1.lnk - c:\windows\installer\{0240bdfb-2995-4a3f-8c96-18d41282b716}\Icon0240BDFB3.exe
IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~1\micros~3\office11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
IE: {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - c:\program files\messenger\msmsgs.exe
IE: {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - {CAFEEFAC-0015-0000-0006-ABCDEFFEDCBC} - c:\program files\java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
IE: {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - {FF059E31-CC5A-4E2E-BF3B-96E929D65503} - c:\progra~1\micros~3\office11\REFIEBAR.DLL
IE: {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - c:\progra~1\spybot~1\SDHelper.dll
DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.5.0/jinstall-1_5_0_06-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {C4847596-972C-11D0-9567-00A0C9273C2A} - hxxps://rep1.superlms.com/viewer/activeXviewer/activexviewer.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0015-0000-0006-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.5.0/jinstall-1_5_0_06-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.5.0/jinstall-1_5_0_06-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - hxxp://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
Notify: igfxcui - igfxdev.dll
AppInit_DLLs: c:\progra~1\google\google~2\GOEC62~1.DLL
SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - c:\windows\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll

============= SERVICES / DRIVERS ===============

R3 pmxmouse;PMXMOUSE;c:\windows\system32\drivers\pmxmouse.sys [2007-12-28 18432]
R3 pmxusblf;PMXUSBLF;c:\windows\system32\drivers\pmxusblf.sys [2007-12-28 14336]

=============== Created Last 30 ================

2009-08-11 15:24 <DIR> --d----- C:\SDFix
2009-08-11 14:53 89 a------- c:\windows\wininit.ini
2009-07-23 14:00 <DIR> --d----- c:\windows\system32\lowsec

==================== Find3M ====================

2009-05-14 00:32 2,709 a------- c:\windows\system32\wincodlly.dat
2004-08-10 12:51 540,672 a------- c:\docume~1\nicole\applic~1\lsas.exe

============= FINISH: 15:32:58.53 ===============

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:48 PM

Hi

My name is Extremeboy (or EB for short), and I will be helping you with your log.

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.

If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.

If you do not make a reply in 5 days, we will need to close your topic.

You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favourites. Alternatively, you can click the Posted Image button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic. The topics you are tracking can be found here.

Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
  • Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools.
  • If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
  • Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean". We do not want to clean you part-way, only to have the system re-infect itself.
  • Please reply using the Posted Image button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply.
  • Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just post back here so that we know you're still here.

If you still require assistance post a new set of DDS Logs and a description of any remaining problems or symptoms you may still have please.

If for any reason you did not post a DDS log please refer to this page and in step #6 there is instructions on downloading and running DDS. IF you have any problems just let me know in your next reply or simply post a Hijackthis log.

Then, please run RootRepeal:

Download and run RootRepeal CR

Please download RootRepeal to your desktop
Alternative Download Link 2
Alternative Download Link 3
  • Physically disconnect your machine from the internet as your system will be unprotected.
  • Unzip it to it's own folder
  • Close/Disable all other programs especially your security programs (anti-spyware, anti-virus, and firewall) Refer to this page, if you are unsure how.
  • Double-click on RootRepeal.exe to run it. If you are using Vista, please right-click and run as Administrator...
  • Click the Report tab at the bottom.
  • Now click the Scan button in the Report Tab. Posted Image
  • A box will pop up, check the boxes beside ALL Seven options/scan area
    Posted Image
  • Now click OK.
  • Another box will open, check the boxes beside all the drives, eg : C:\, then click OK.
  • The scan will take a little while to run, so let it go unhindered.
  • Once it is done, click the Save Report button. Posted Image
  • Save it as RepealScan and save it to your desktop
  • Reconnect to the internet.
  • Post the contents of that log in your reply please.
For your next reply I would like to see:
-The DDS logs
---DDS.txt and Attach logs
-RootRepeal logs
-Description of any remaining problems you may still have.

Thanks again and we apologize for the delay.

With Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#3 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:51 AM

Hello.

Due to Lack of feedback, this topic is now Closed

If you need this topic reopened, please Send Me a Message. In your message please include the address of this thread in your request.
This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please start a new topic in the Hijackthis-Malware Removal forum.

With Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#4 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:51 AM

Re-opened upon user's request.

~Extremeboy

#5 nmartin199

nmartin199
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:52 AM

Thanks for reopening this EB

I have attached all logs as you requested.

I am still having issues, I get kicked off of sites often especially Gmail. Sometimes my system runs incredibly slow and I am bombarded with a ton of windows popping up. I get a box that pops up telling me my computer is infected often also.

Thanks Again

Attached Files

#6 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2009 - 01:05 PM

Hello.

Thanks for those logs. I indeed see infections on your system.

We are going to start with Combofix.

Download and Run ComboFix

Note to readers of this post other than the starter of this thread:
ComboFix is a VERY POWERFUL tool which should NOT BE USED without guidance of an expert.

Download Combofix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop.
Link 1
Link 2

Please refer to this page for full instructions on how to run ComboFix.
  • Close/disable all anti-virus and anti-malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Refer to this page if you are not sure how.
  • Double click ComboFix.exe to start the program. Agree to the prompts.
  • When ComboFix is finished, a log report (C:\ComboFix.txt) will open. Post back with it.
Leave your computer alone while ComboFix is running.

ComboFix will restart your computer if malware is found; allow it to do so.

Note: Please Do NOT mouseclick combofix's window while its running because it may call it to stall.

With Regards,
Extremeboy

#7 nmartin199

nmartin199
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2009 - 01:47 PM

EB,

Here is the combofix log

Thanks

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.txt   7.12KB   2 downloads

#8 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:43 PM

Hello.

Run ComboFix with CFScript

We will run ComboFix again. This time it will be slightly different from the initial run.
  • Close any open browsers.
  • Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Refer to this page if you are unsure how.
  • Open notepad (Start>Run>"notepad") and copy/paste the text in the quotebox below into it:
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/248723/win32zbot-win32agentpz/
    Collect::[68]
    C:\hpbyv.exe
    C:\blyuwrjl.exe
    C:\pvewnn.exe
    C:\svfp.exe
    C:\osps.exe
    C:\emxtqjit.exe
    C:\xvhu.exe
    File::
    C:\tujfbtrj.exe
    Folder::
    C:\SDFix
    Save this as CFScript.txt, in the same location as ComboFix.exe. (This should be your desktop.)
    Posted Image
  • Refering to the picture above, drag CFScript into ComboFix.exe.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you at "C:\ComboFix.txt"
  • Please post the contents of the Combofix log in your next reply.
Upload Samples by ComboFix

When Combofix finishes running, the ComboFix log will open along with a message box. With the above script, ComboFix captured some files to submit for analysis.
  • Important: Ensure you are connected to the internet before clicking OK on the message box.
  • A blue-screen would appear auto-uploading the zipped file I requested.
  • After the uploading is done you should see a message near the bottom saying "Upload was Succesfull".
**NOTE**
=================
  • IF for some reason Combofix fails to upload anything please do the following:
  • Go to Start >> My Computer > C:\
  • Then Navigate to the C:\Qoobox\Quarantine folder.
  • Find the archive zip file called "[68]-Submit_Date_Time.zip"
  • Simply go to This Channel and upload the submit.zip archive file to me.
  • Follow the instructions on that page to copy/paste/send the requested file.
Let me know how it goes and if the upload went successfully or not in your next reply.

Download and run MalwareBytes Anti-Malware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
  • On the Scanner tab:
    • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
    • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
  • Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

For complete or visual instructions on installing and running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware please read this link

Take a new DDS Run and post back with the logs.

Then take new RootRepeal run as well and post back with that log in your next reply as well.

For your next reply I would like to see:
-The Combofix log
-The Malwarebytes log
-The DDS logs (DDS and Attach)
-The RootRepeal logs

Thanks.

With Regards,
Extremeboy

#9 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:51 PM

Hello.

Are you still there or still need help? Please let me know.

With Regards,
Extremeboy

#10 nmartin199

nmartin199
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:54 PM

EB.

Everything went smoothly.

PLease see my attachments

Attached Files

#11 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:57 PM

Hello.

That looks good but you have NO anti-virus softwares installed. Get one installed now...

Install Antivirus

An anti-virus is essential in keeping your computer safe while surfing the Internet. Please install a (ONE) free anti-virus program from one of the links below:Update It after the installation is complete please.

---

Update Java to Version 6 Update 16

Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update:
  • Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 6 and save it to your desktop.
  • Look for "Java Runtime Environment (JRE)" JRE 6 Update 16.
  • Click the Download button to the right.
  • Select your Platform: "Windows".
  • Select your Language: "Multi-language".
  • Read the License Agreement, and then check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
  • Click Continue and the page will refresh.
  • Under Required Files, check the box for Windows Offline Installation, click the link below it and save the file to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button and follow the onscreen instructions for the Java uninstaller.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u16-windows-i586.exe to install the newest version.
-- If using Windows Vista and the installer refuses to launch due to insufficient user permissions, then Run As Administrator.
-- If you choose to update via the Java applet in Control Panel, uncheck the option to install the Toolbar unless you want it.
-- The uninstaller incorporated in this release removes previous Updates 10 and above, but does not remove older versions, so they still need to be removed manually.

Note: The Java Quick Starter (JQS.exe) adds a service to improve the initial startup time of Java applets and applications. To disable the JQS service if you don't want to use it, go to Start > Control Panel > Java > Advanced > Miscellaneous and uncheck the box for Java Quick Starter. Click Ok and reboot your computer.

Run ESET Online Scan
  • Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    • Click on Posted Image to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.
  • Check Posted Image
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Check Posted Image
  • Push the Start button.
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, push Posted Image
  • Push Posted Image, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Push the Posted Image button.
  • Push Posted Image
You can refer to this animation by neomage if needed.

Take a new DDS run afterward and post back with both the DDS and Attach logs in your next reply. Also, let me know how your computer is running and if you have any more problems, issues or symptoms left.

Thanks.

With Regards,
Extremeboy

#12 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:17 PM

Hello.

Are you still there?

If you are please follow the instructions in my previous post.

If you still need help, follow the instructions I have given in my response. If you have since had your problem solved, we would appreciate you letting us know so we can close the topic.

Please reply back telling us so. If you don't reply within 5-7 from the last day I replied initially, the topic will need to be closed.

Thanks for understanding.

With Regards,
Extremeboy

#13 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:53 AM

Hello.

Due to Lack of feedback, this topic is now Closed

If you need this topic reopened, please Send Me a Message. In your message please include the address of this thread in your request.
This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please start a new topic in the Hijackthis-Malware Removal forum.

With Regards,
Extremeboy

#14 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:11 PM

Topic Re-opened upon user's request.

~Extremeboy

#15 nmartin199

nmartin199
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:03 AM

I have downloaded Anti Vir and it keeps popping up that I have a trojan when it does its scan.

I have also downloaded the latest Java.

Whenever I restart my computer that's when I notice issues, pop-ups saying my system is infected. Often I am kicked out of whatever I am working in and all of my windows shut down.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users