Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IS THIS A REAL HELP FORUM??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 MexicanCutie

MexicanCutie

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:05 PM

I'm not trying to be rude if this is a real help forum, problem is...I don't know. I posted on July 11th and didn't get a response until Aug. 4th. Because of my computer issues I didn't recieve notice until yesterday moring that I got a reply. I did what was requeted and while waiting for a respone I was reading the forums on self-help and came across a article about data back-up and Cobian 9. I followed the 1st link which took me to CNET where I downloaded and ran the file according to the directions given. btw I have only downloaded from CNET and I thought that was a safe site. Was I wrong? or was this just a fluke. Now I'm not complaining about the time it's taken, I know you guys have gotta be busy, I've read how many posts there are. But to be honest I don't know how to "surf" the web and I have only used this forum, per the websites request so I really don't know about "good and bad" sites on the internet. It's just all so confusing!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:44 PM

Be assured, this is a real help site. I haven't used Cobian back-up myself, but I know others that do.

So far as I know, CNET is a safe site, though on principal, I always scan files before installing them.

Please note, however, that even legitimate sites can get hacked with bad stuff. You will receive links to articles about how to make your computer more secure once you finish the cleaning process in your topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/244497/had-11-trojans-now-have-adware-i-think-wormradar-winlogon/

If you have access to another computer, I'd advise using it to check your topic for responses. Even if your computer didn't have issues, the e-mail alert system can be glitchy.

Orange Blossom :thumbup2:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 MexicanCutie

MexicanCutie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:20 PM

Ok, I believe you and I will just continue to wait for a helper. I don't know how you all do it, there have 100's of post just since this afternoon. Anyway thank you very very much. btw althought I used the first link, the download didn't look the same as the picture from the instructions (BC was blue and black and looked new and hip and the one I was downloading was tan and pink color and looked old. so before it finished running it I did cancel it and quickly ran a scan and sure enough I had a Trojan SuperAntiSpyware log message was:

Unknown Origin
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\OWNER\LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\CONTENT.IE5\ES9NVX3L\NAVCANCL[2].

I hope this will stop or help anyone else from the same problems. Thanks again.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:34 PM

I see that you have now responded to your topic. This topic is now closed to avoid confusion.

Orange Blossom :thumbup2:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users