Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost curser

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 computergaga

computergaga

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:39 PM

Hi all

I am looking for a software recovery that I can firstly download to a flashdrive, that secondly when uploaded to my laptop automatically fixes the software problems (particularly recovers my lost curser). There's no point telling me about a recovery programme that needs me to click on anything because I won't be able too.

When I boot-up the laptop in question the desktop appears with all the icons enlarged and minus the curser.

This first happened when my laptop froze when I was logging-off so that I unplugged it at the socket missing the normal shut-down procedure.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Rob :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:07 PM

Maybe try a System Restore from Command prompt to before you were having problems.

How to start the System Restore tool by using the safe mode option with the Command prompt in Windows XP.

Start System Restore from a command prompt (Vista).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users