Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with Carbonite taking over CPU

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JCN

JCN

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:37 AM

Yesterday I posted this http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;hl=CARBONITE after a month of problems with my coputer CPU being overwhelmed at times. I have tried everything to no avail to fix this problem. After my post yesterday I shut Carbonite down completely for the day and voila problem solved.

Now I have been using Carbonite for a year now and nevr had thius problem so I am wonder what is going on. I did a search here and there are a lot of threads to look at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...te=%2BCARBONITE with Carbonite listed. This may be mostly logs but does beg the question if there is a software conflict somewhere. I'll be reading through these posts but if anyone eles has any idea it would be helpful.

Perhaps something will show up in my log posted in the other thread. The reason for the new post is to see if there is a problem specifically with Carbonite that anyone is aware of whilst I await a reply to my posted log files

Thanks!

EDIT: Moved to more appropriate forum

Edited by garmanma, 11 August 2009 - 04:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:41 PM

Which Carbonite are you referring to? The add-on application for games?

Just make sure that you do not make any changes to your computer whie waiting for a response
Please be patient
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 JCN

JCN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:50 PM

Which Carbonite are you referring to? The add-on application for games?

The backup software..........

Just make sure that you do not make any changes to your computer whie waiting for a response
Please be patient

As a business owner who does complicated tech support daily, I understand your position. Having said that, I have a business to run I cannot just sit on this. I understand your limitations but I need to keep working. This one "change has taken my business from a standstill back to light speed.......... Given that, if you cannot help me I certainly understand. I did not realize that posting in your forum precluded me from pursuing other fixes while I "wait patiently"......... I should have read the rules more closely.

Thanks anyway- keep up the good work.......... :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users