Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any Information About Microsoft's Morro Security

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis H

Dennis H

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:47 AM

Howdy,

I have Windows Live Care installed and use it for my anti-virus and Firewall. My yearly subscription is coming due on August 17th, 09.

I have read that Microsoft will be offering a similar security program for free and doing away with Live Care.. From what I have read it has been released in beta form.

I have been trying to find information regarding when it will be available for release in it's final form. When I Google the subject all I come up with is very old information.

Obviously I do not want to pay for another year of One Care if Morro is soon to be released.

Anyone have any up to date information ?

I was also wondering if anyone here is using the beta version of Morro ?

If so, what do you think about it ?

Thanks for your time.

Dennis :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fclacom

fclacom

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:55 AM

The beta version of Microsoft Security Essentials, code-name Morro. A free program that fights viruses and spyware, is now available for
download but at this time, they are not accepting any participants from the Microsoft site. There are sites where anyone can download it by just surfing the net properly to find those sites. :thumbsup:

Installation is easy but you should have a genuine copy of Windows. I tested it on Windows XP and was quite impressed with it until now.

Have a great day.

Carlo

#3 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:59 AM

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/
MS site says it is available for download in USA, Israel, China and Brazil ONLY!

But you can still download Microsoft Security Essentials Beta from Softpedia :
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Mic...ssentials.shtml

Edited by Romeo29, 11 August 2009 - 11:09 AM.

#4 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:35 AM

Thank for the replies.

I found this on one of the links provided.

"The final version of the product, a cut-down version of the discontinued OneCare product that omits the latter's back-up and firewall functionality, is expected in September ".

So it looks like the firewall protection and the backup feature will be eliminated. I guess I will have to shop around for another firewall.

Dennis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users