Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC AntiSpyware 2010 &win32/ultimatedefender win32/spy

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 trinibajan

trinibajan

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:45 AM

Toshiba Satellite T5500, Intel Duo, 1.66GHz, 0.99GB RAM, XP Media Canter Edition Version 2002 SP2

I have installed: Spybot S&D, Malewarebytes, CCleaner, and DDS tool as instructed.

None of the above programs run. And when I try to install another or reinstall it is shut down within seconds. Then if I try to run the anti-spyware program again window will respond "Do not have permission to access this file or path". I have even tried to run in safe mode with the same results.

Because of shutdown and issues I ran CD scan in DOS using MCAfee Virusscan for win32 v5.30.0. It removed what it could. (posting below. too Big)
After hours of trying to manual clean I was able to do an online scan through ESET online scanner. It removed what it could. (Attaching)

The only reason why I am attaching the above is because the scanner that the forum gave to run is not running. I notice that multiple yellow cation signs have popped up on the PC since the window of the DDS has been up. I have internet access but if I click on google search results I'm always redirected to another site. This is the nastiest virus I have ever come across personally and I really need help.

Thank you in advance :thumbup2: Attached File  Selwynsonline.txt   9.59KB   2 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trinibajan

trinibajan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:36 AM

:thumbup2: SOLVED the PC AntiSpyware 2010 &win32/ultimatedefender win32/spy problem.

I used a very easy to use program with nice valuable tools installed on it by Mark. Its called Secured2k's Boot CD. Its also a FREE tool. It will scan in DOS from Boot.

http://home.comcast.net/~secured2k/special...2k%20BootCD.exe

Boot CD Information

* Windows RE v6.1.7260, 32-bit English
McAfee VirusScan Command Line Scanner
ESET Online Scanner v3
QTWeb Browser 2.5
Xenon File Manager
7-Zip Archive Manager 4.65
jkDefrag 3.36
Autoruns 9.5

There is even a number for the designer of the software toll free to call. He is very helpful if you need extra assistance. All he asks is that you post your experience using the software at: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=231079

It is also running on a Windows 7 base! Nice clean look. :) :)

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:02 PM

Hello

Thank you for posting back and letting know how you fixed your computer. I'm glad that your computer problems have been resolved. To others reading this topic, please be aware that what solves one person's malware issues may not resolve someone else's because of the difference in computer setup and malware mix.

Since this issue seems to be resolved, this thread will now be closed.

In case you experience any problems with the computer, please start a new topic.

Happy computing,

Orange Blossom :thumbup2:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users