Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to create a temporary file

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pliny

pliny

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:39 PM

Hi All,
Have a problem that someone is going to find simple. That's the prob I'm simple when it comes to puta's. Anyway, on to the task at hand. Have been trying to uninstall free download manager. Have tried through programs and features aswell as uninstall through menu. I'm running on vista home premium. Get this message when try to uninstall "Unable to create a temporary file. Setup aborted. Error 5: Access is denied". I am the administrator. I don't seem to have any problems uninstalling other programs. Any relevant information will surely be appreciated. Thank You in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mysterysgames

Mysterysgames

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:13 AM

Have you closed all browser windows when attempting to uninstall it?

#3 pliny

pliny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:59 AM

Yes I did close browser b4 trying 2 uninstall. I also reinstalled the program hoping that might help!

Edit: Edited to remove unnecessary quote. ~tg

#4 Mysterysgames

Mysterysgames

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:38 AM

All I can think of at the moment:

1. Locate the download manager that you want to uninstall, right click on it, and view the properties. See if the write permission is enabled for your admin account.

2. Check if the download manager works in the background; check the running processes in the Windows Task Manager.

3. Check your security software's settings to see if they may interfere with uninstalling it.

4. I don't know which download manager you are referring to, but sometimes there are uninstallers available on the manufacturer's website, or specific recommendations in the FAQ or Troubleshooting area.

5. According to this troubleshooting article from Microsoft, you might also try to uninstall it in safe mode: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/e...8069f51033.mspx

6. You could also try Revo Uninstaller: http://www.revouninstaller.com/

Edited by Mysterysgames, 11 August 2009 - 03:47 AM.

#5 pliny

pliny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:30 AM

Thank You mysterygames, it ended up so simple as i thought it would be. Uninstalled without a hitch in safe mode. Lot's to learn. Hope you can be helpful again sometime as i'm sure i am bound to encounter other hiccups. Thank You again
P.S. Probably wrong place to ask and if so please accept my apologies. Have had 12 mths experience with puta's, could you recommend any sites that can improve my knowledge on how these marvelous machines work. Think i'm getting the BUG! Bye

Edit: Edited to remove unnecessary quote. ~tg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users