Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP: My Automatic Updates refusing to perform

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sSeeeeee

sSeeeeee

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:05 PM

What the problem is is that in my Windows Security Center, everything is up to date and working smoothly besides the Automatic Updates. I tried to resolve this by going to my control panel and manually turning it on. Still after this, my Automatic Updates remains dormant. I wish to learn why this is occurring and how to quickly resolve it.

*Below are pictures supporting my problem that I personally took to support explanation of what exactly is going on

Posted Image

Posted Image

P.S. - In addition to any further assistance, I want to say thank you for your accommodation and hope to working with you soon.

Edited by sSeeeeee, 10 August 2009 - 07:07 PM.

sSeeeeee

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:23 PM

Try this tool:

http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix#Standard_version
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 sSeeeeee

sSeeeeee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:31 AM

Okay, I downloaded the program Dial-a-fix, extracted the .zip and opened it. After these steps, I'm not too sure if I should continue because of instructions not being given by a professional technician. I'm a bit confused and it would be very much obliged if you could help me step-by-step in what I should do with this program.

Thank you
sSeeeeee

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:36 AM

Check the "Fix Windows Update" box (make sure the three boxes under it are checked). Then click the "Go" button. Reboot.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 sSeeeeee

sSeeeeee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:05 AM

Hey Budapest,

It seems to me that the problem I was situated with has been resolved now because of your suggestions. The Windows Security Alert icon is no longer in my bottom right tray of the screen. Also, I went to my Security Center through Control Panel. It seems that all 3 essentials are in working condition.

Thank you very much for helping me resolve this problem.
sSeeeeee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users