Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

system security problems please help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 badvirus!:O

badvirus!:O

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 10 August 2009 - 05:54 PM

Im sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but i need urgent help with deleting system security..

so i followed this websites instructions

"Before we can do anything we must first end the System Security process as it disables the ability to run various programs, including MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware. To do this we must first download and install a Microsoft program called Process Explorer. Normally, we would have you use the Windows Task Manager to terminate the process, but this rogue will disable this utility as well. Please download Process Explorer from the following link and save it to your desktop."

i did exactly what it said.. then..

"Once the program has finished downloading, look for the procexp.exe file that should now be located on your desktop. Once you find it, right-click on it and select Rename. After you click on the Rename option, you will now be able to change the name of the icon. Please change the name to explorer.exe. Once the file has been renamed, double-click on it and you will be asked to agree to the license agreement. You may also see a screen with Windows asking if you are sure you want to run the program. Please do so and you should be presented with a screen similar to the one below. "

when i double click it windows asks if i want to run the program so i click run and..
system security says "Application cannot be executed. The file explorer.exe.exe is infected. please activate your antispyware"

PLEASE HELP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 badvirus!:O

badvirus!:O
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 10 August 2009 - 05:56 PM

OMG NVM sorry i just renamed the file to "explorer" and it opened fine :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic