Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windowsclick google redirect infection

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pcnovice78

pcnovice78

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:12 PM

My first post, please forgive any small missteps in explanation. I run Windows XP on a Centrino laptop. Experienced windows redirects and malware removal tools and scans would not work.

SO far I have already: removed AVG anti-virus software, removed Malwarebytes, I downloaded AND ran Combofix on my system carefully following the instructions on this website (I had to rename file, it would not run from Desktop without changing the name before downloading).

NOW I seem to have no troubles, computer running superfast, but I wonder if I can post Combofix log for someone with greater skills to examine and see if I have a "healthy PC". I do not understand the log and have no way of knowing if I will have more problems down the road. Just let me know if you can help and I will "quickly" post Combofix log. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pcnovice78

pcnovice78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:15 AM

ummm, bump, still would like to know yes/no can someone read my Combofix log to ensure my PC is safe

#3 pcnovice78

pcnovice78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:07 PM

Hello, I sincerely hope I get a response to this post as no one has shown interest in my other post. I had a Google redirect problem where the address bar in the lower left hand of my Firefox window was reading "windowsclick." and then a bunch of different symbols. I could not click any link to any antispyware sites (had to manually enter in address bar) and on two occasions, my attempts to research malware removal ended in my screen going black and I had to reboot. I did get to research and found out about Combofix. I have run it (carefully) and have a log that I would like someone to pretty please check for me. A day after running Combofix I was getting messages about PC antispyware 2010 detecting threats and I have since (today) re-downloaded Malwarebytes and run it per the instructions from this website. As of the time I am writing this, everything seems ok, but it seemed ok after I ran Combofix but I still had the PC antispyware 2010 apparently on my computer. If you need more info please ask me, I just really need some help with this. Thanks in advance.

#4 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:03 PM

Hello pcnovice78,

I have merged your new topic into your first thread, there is really no need to double post on this board we will always try to make sure you receive a response were possible, please be patient. :thumbsup:

R,

Tw

#5 pcnovice78

pcnovice78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:00 PM

Hey, I am glad to see someone ^^ responded, ironically, I have been patient and this is the first time I have logged back in more than 2 weeks from my original post and there is still no response. Not upset, just pointing out that I "double posted" and bumped my post because of no response and 2 weeks + later still no response. Problem was fixed, new problem now but thats another post.... :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users