Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing itunes and this error box poped up...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fifi1314

fifi1314

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:44 PM

C:\program files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\distnoted.exe
How should I fix it so I can installing itunes?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eric RBA

Eric RBA

• Members
  • 252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:32 PM

Fifi,

We will need to know a little bit more info to start helping you out. First, did you get iTunes to install completely and that is the point where this error is occurring? Or did it stop you before the install finished? Do you have an iPod attached to your PC when you were trying to install or run the program? Please let us know exactly when and how this error message appeared.

Also, what type of computer are you installing to, including specs?

Finally, if you open up the Add/Remove Programs window (Go to the Start Menu and choose Run> then type "control appwiz.cpl" without the quotations) do you see iTunes in the list of programs? If so, try removing it. Then go back to Apple's website to download and install a new version of the software HERE.

Edited by Eric RBA, 10 August 2009 - 03:34 PM.

I would never ask a person to do something that I wouldn't do myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users