Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I turn off PC tablet (windows program)?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:19 PM

As per the title, how do I turn off Windows "Tablet PC", so that it doesn't start when Windows starts? It's more of an eye sore than anything else, but also gets in my way when I move my mouse over to my tool bar, as it opens the window for the tablet PC programs options (none of which are to close the program).

I'm running Windows Vist 64bit, and have a Wacom tablet (Intuos 3 if it matters), dual monitors with a KVM switch. Let me know if any one needs more info on the computer.

Thanks in advance for any help! :huh:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ellenjanuary

ellenjanuary

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:54 AM

:huh: Ya don't.

Seriously, though - I've tried several times in Vista and in 7 - and it is the service that will not die!!! :huh: But you can leash it up and put it in the closet. First part is go to Program on the Control Panel and click the radio button (circle) for the "Add or Remove Windows Components" applet in the upper left corner. When it opens, scroll down to the "Tablet PC" radio button (black circle) and click it (should make it white.) Click "done," and let the system reboot. Go get something to eat - each of the four times I've done this, it took nearly a half hour to restart - and it's still there! Grr! But it should be down to the point where it is using virtually zero resource. Close the closet door by right-clicking on the item it the taskbar, which should give you the option to "do not display this item." Or, there's a file in the Control Panel for the Taskbar where you can change these attributes. :huh:

Oh, Vista... first thing you do is drag the UAC out back and shoot it. Proceed to step one... I tried to work with it, and just could not.

-unknowing stuff daily-

#3 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:23 AM

Thanks, ellenjanuary! That seems to have done the trick! If only Microsoft could make things easier....LOL! Not gonna hold my breath on that one!

The restart wasn't bad...just about a minute or two.....of course, dual quad core cpus helps to speed things up!

Thanks again! :huh:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users