Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

instance is read-only problem when opening a website

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yrhc@eht

yrhc@eht

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:37 AM

Hi, i face a problem that related to "instance is read-only". When i'm in the http://crewnet.airasia.com/ webpage, i click at "geneva crewnet", it should be a login page but seems there is a error, it is like that:

Server Error in '/CrewNet' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instance is read-only.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Instance is read-only.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Instance is read-only.]
System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo.set_NumberDecimalSeparator(String value) +74
CrewNet.LogonPage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Geneva\GenBuild\CrewNetWeb\login.aspx.vb:94
System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +739

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

I'm using vista home service park1, 32-bit. Internet explorer 8 when opening this page. Can anyone help me to solve this problem, the page is important to me for my job.

Edited by yrhc@eht, 11 August 2009 - 01:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vitasoy

Vitasoy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:17 AM

Hi there,

Have you manage to find any solutions yet? I'm encountering the same problem so I guess you are using Vista as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users