Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

recycle bin

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mrl636

mrl636

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:17 AM

Is there a way to copy the files in the recyle bin before I delete them? I don't want to have to restore them, copy them to a disk, and then back to the recycle bin to delete them. There were in a lot of different file folders. I'm trying to get rid of duplicate pictures and want to keep a copy incase I mess up. I've already deleted most of them to the recycle bin and realized that I should have copied then first.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:29 PM

Hi!

Not sure why you'd want to do that. The recycle bin is for deleted files. If you are trying to get rid of duplicate images in folders, or what not, I suggest you create another folder to put the files that are going to be deleted in there instead.

For what it's worth: The C:\RECYCLER\ folder is a system folder that holds all the recycle bin data. I am not sure whether or not it can be restored. However, I highly recommend you follow the former idea - create another folder in where you're going to put duplicates, and then delete them once you're sure.

Edit: Depending on what you're trying to do with duplicate images, you could even be a little clever and use the Find function on windows to your advantage. If the images are exact duplicates (they are the same file), then you could search for image contents in both these folders, and sort by name/size/data modified or what-not and delete accordingly the entries that are identical.

Edited by aommaster, 10 August 2009 - 12:31 PM.

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

#3 Rayal49

Rayal49

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:50 PM

May I suggest something here, I know I'm not a moderator but I found that if you right click on an item in recycle bin, a menu appears , one choice of which is cut.
If you select this choice the item will be cut from recycle bin list and you can paste it to desktop or where ever else you like. This may solve your problem. Good Luck
Lecy

Rayal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users