Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Login problem (even in Safe Mode)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pudn-UK

pudn-UK

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:43 AM

The clients PC is a Packard Bell desktop. There are two users setup to login to Windows XP Media Center.

The problem is that no-one can login. When logging in to the machine the desktop image is displayed for less than a second before the 'Logging off ...' message comes up and we are back to the login screen.

The same happens in 'Safe Mode' logging in as any user OR Administrator.

After the first login attempt after turning the machine on there is an ochre coloured box which appears in the bottom right of the logon screen. This box is headed up 'Log on Authentication' with a yellow padlock to the left. Below that is 'Please authenticate the user that you wish to log onto the system'. Below this message is a key on the left and 'Cancel' on the right.

The only thing I can see to do is to reformat BUT before I do is there anything else that might help if I attach the hard disk to one of my own machines?

Edited by pudn-UK, 10 August 2009 - 08:44 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users