Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet connection problem with all browsers bar IE plus some progs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chen

chen

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:22 AM

I have VISTA home premium+ HP laptop g60 amd 32 bit op sys. problem is can only get IE to work, I have disabled ms firewall as best as I can. I also have undone an MS Update connected with IE to get IE to work. I have tried most options under the Internet tools. I have stopped practically everything starting on start up. I have reset TCP through cmd prompt. so for example i download google chrome and it wont connect. I did have symantecs NORTON 360 internet thing which I believe I have disabled. I did have problems uninstalling it. The only firewall registered on the system is the MS Firewall. this my first post ever on a tech site so please be gentle if I havefailed to mention something. the problem occurs whether im wireless, hardwired or on mobile bb. I think I now have IE8. The internet connection works with an existing game programme ( KGS Go)

about two weeks ago the lap top stopped working I resolved this by process of elimination and found that 6 norton drivers were somehow involved. I removed those drivers. I use 02 mobile broadband and believe it was their new version of the connection manager conflicting somewhere. this occurred at the same time ms released some internet updates. Asyou can tell I am not particularly technical but would appreciate some guidance. many thanks in anticipation.

I am trying to avoid replacing the OS on the drive.

best regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chen

chen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:47 AM

I ran enum processes to see if I had another firewall running, but could not see any firewall operating - which is good. I have attached the log in case I have miss interpreted it. Looking through this Team viewer is running and I had not picked that up before so I intend to revo uninstall it.

alg.exe (Microsoft Corporation / Application Layer Gateway Service)
mDNSResponder.exe
Com4QLBEx.exe
dllhost.exe (Microsoft Corporation / COM Surrogate)
ehrecvr.exe
ehsched.exe
PresentationFontCache.exe
HPHC_Service.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe (Microsoft Corporation / Task Scheduler Engine)
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe (Microsoft Corporation / Desktop Window Manager)
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE (Microsoft Corporation / Windows Explorer)
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe (Microsoft Corporation / Windows host process (Rundll32))
IDriverT.exe
infocard.exe
LSSrvc.exe
msdtc.exe (Microsoft Corporation / MS DTCconsole program)
SMSvcHost.exe
BLService.exe
RichVideo.exe
Locator.exe (Microsoft Corporation / Rpc Locator)
svchost.exe (Microsoft Corporation / Host Process for Windows Services)
snmptrap.exe (Microsoft Corporation / SNMP Trap)
TeamViewer_Service.exe
UI0Detect.exe (Microsoft Corporation / Interactive services detection)
vds.exe (Microsoft Corporation / Virtual Disk Service)
VSSVC.exe (Microsoft Corporation / Microsoft® Volume Shadow Copy Service)
WmiApSrv.exe (Microsoft Corporation / WMI Performance Reverse Adapter)
wmpnetwk.exe
SearchIndexer.exe (Microsoft Corporation / Microsoft Windows Search Indexer)
XAudio.exe
iashost.exe (Microsoft Corporation / IAS Host)
WmiPrvSE.exe (Microsoft Corporation / WMI Provider Host)
C:\Program Files\O2CM-CE\O2 Connection Manager\Phoenix.exe (Novatel Wireless Inc. / NVTL Phoenix MFC Application)
C:\Windows\system32\Taskmgr.exe (Microsoft Corporation / Windows Task Manager)
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe (Microsoft Corporation / Sink to receive asynchronous callbacks for WMI client application)
C:\Program Files\O2CM-CE\O2 Connection Manager\tscui.exe (O2 / O2 Connection Manager)
C:\Windows\system32\wuauclt.exe (Microsoft Corporation / Windows Update Automatic Updates)
C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe (Microsoft Corporation / Internet Explorer)
C:\Users\cmbg\Downloads\EnumProcess.exe (Me, myself and I / EnumProcess)
taskeng.exe (Microsoft Corporation / Task Scheduler Engine)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users