Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

csrss.exe error on startup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 4robster

4robster

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:02 AM

hi all,

For the past few months i have had an error pop up everytime i restart my pc. here is a screenshot :Posted Image I had put up with thais because it has no noticable effect apart from that error message but now i feel as if i should try and solve it.
I use Windows xp pro sp3. If there are any questions you would like to ask i will be happy to let you know what you need.

4robster

Edited by 4robster, 10 August 2009 - 04:05 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:04 AM

Warning : Editing registry may render your computer inoperable. Before editing, backup your registry first with ERUNT ( http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/ )

1. Download Autoruns from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx and run it.
2. When Autoruns finishes scanning, click on the Logon tab.
3. In the column Image Path look for an entry containing CSRSS.EXE. It would be like: "File not found: C:\Windows\config\csrss.exe"
4. Uncheck the check box on this entry's left to disable it.

CSRSS.EXE in this location is not normal and indicates that your computer was infected with viruses. It may be possible that you may still have some kind of malware. You should update your antivirus product and run a full scan of your system. Also a quick scan of MBAM ( http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php ) is also recommended.

#3 4robster

4robster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:55 PM

THANKS ROMEO29!!!!!!!

Sorted straight away. I also tweeted about this site so hopefully mre people will visit this awesome site with their problems

Peace Out,
4Robster

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:53 PM

You are welcome :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic