Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New HD: quick and easy question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WolfyMoniz

WolfyMoniz

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:35 PM

Sorry guys, I'm a little tight for time to post this, so I didn't get a chance to search the forums for a similar topic as I'm sure one exists.

Quick and easy questions, hoping for a quick and easy answer.

I'm looking to get a 2nd internal HD for storage. Is it just as easy as plugging it in and being able to dump massive amounts of data on it?

Will I see any issues if I reformat the main HD and expect to pull stuff from my 2nd HD?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jobob1

jobob1

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:53 PM

Plug it in, format it and put all the data you want on it.

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:07 PM

If you're using the new HD strictly as storage, you just need to install the drive and format it. However, you cannot load Windows onto the new drive without more work, but since you're only using the new drive for data, everything will be simple.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users