Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What logs BSOD errors?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mol_Bolom

Mol_Bolom

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:22 PM

There have been several times that GTAIV has shut down the computer and Vista would show a BSOD, however, it has been so fast that there hasn't been a chance to be able to read it or write it down. So I was wondering where errors are written to. I checked event log, but it didn't have any information except for "The previous system shutdown at 5:27:06pm on 8/9/09 was unexpected". Neither Application nor System event messages show anything for 5:27.

<Edit> I think I found it. Tried playing it myself to which BSOD was too fast to even be able to make out one word, however, this time there's more information and it seems to be a SPK1 problem...Anyway, I don't see a delete button, so this thread can be deleted...

Edited by Mol_Bolom, 09 August 2009 - 08:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users