Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reply to this topicStart new topic Virus will not let me boot Hijackthis, Malwarebytes, Spybot,etc.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RedArmada

RedArmada

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:46 PM

Hello, I foolishly ran an .exe file that installed a virus on my desktop PC that will not let me run many forms of virus protection and spyware removal. The virus has defeated Hijackthis, hijackfree, Spybot, Malwarebytes, combofix, and AVG, and a few others even in safe mode. I have tried renaming the install files and the exe files to no avail. So at this point I cannot even post a logfile.

AntiVira will run but cannot seem to remove the virus, additionally I have run ATF cleaner and Vundofix which ran successfully (Vundofix with zero detections.)

The desktop runs Windows XP Service Pack 3.

I have tried renaming the files and running all of the above programs renamed in Safe Mode. Additionally I have used TrendMicro's House Call

I can access the internet, but the virus often redirects me away from sites such as this one. I have perused multiple forums and haven't found a fix yet. If anyone can help I would be deeply in their debt.

Thanks

Edited by The weatherman, 09 August 2009 - 05:51 PM.
Moved from HJT to a more appropriate forum. Tw

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users