Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why are Youtube's videos resizing themselves?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xesvuli420

xesvuli420

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:23 PM

On my upstairs computer, I don't have any issues, and I am running the same versions of software as down here, but on my downstairs computer whenever I go to Youtube and watch videos with either Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome, the videos resize themselves from the full video window, to about half size, then back to full size, then back to half size, over and over again. It does not matter if I am in "Full Screen" mode or not. When the video is half sized, it locates itself to the upper left section of the window. I have tried different versions of Adobe Flash Player, and different versions of Mozilla Firefox. For one day when I reverted to Adobe Flash Player version 9, it worked perfectly, but then the next day, it wouldn't let me watch a video saying I had an outdated version of Adobe. The problem seems to be Flash version 10, but I can't tell since Youtube won't let me use Flash Player version 9 anymore. I have heard of a Youtube/Firefox/Flash problem where the video freezes after about 3 seconds of video, but I don't have this problem. I even downloaded Google Chrome to see if it was just Firefox that was having the issue, and it isn't! Google Chrome resizes the videos over and over just like Firefox. However Internet Explorer plays the video correctly, but I HATE that browser, plus Youtube is ending the support for internet explorer soon. If anyone has ever had/heard of this problem and know of a fix, OR just have some ideas, PLEASE tell me or send me a link. I have google'd the *!@$ out of this and have found nothing. I didn't use to have this problem, but sometime over the last year, this issue has popped up. If you need me to answer any questions, or sign on to a chat client I can!, just let me know. Thanks!

Just to clarify, anytime I watch any videos on Youtube with either Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome, The videos jump from full window to half sized, over and over again. It does not matter if I am in full screen mode or not

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:11 PM

You might want to take a look at the settings within Flash. I'm not sure what you should be looking for but you can look at your settings by right clicking on the Youtube player. Have you tried other video sites like Daily Motion etc.?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users