Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No longer able to get Internet

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sn0zb0z

sn0zb0z

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:11 PM

Hi. I have two computers and a laptop, all of which were able to connect to the Internet either wirelessly or through cable.

I did have another computer - this used to be the main one that the modem and router were connected to. However, after problems I now can't use this. My other computer at the time connected to the router wirelessly. This ran through the other computer first originally. Now this computer has taken the place of the main computer and is connected to the modem and router. Everything is set up as before and this computer says there are no problems and I am able to access the Internet.

I have an old computer and a laptop, both of which used to connect to the Internet. The laptop worked wirelessly and through cable and the other did just run through the cable. No settings have been changed on either, but I can no longer get the Internet on them. I installed a wireless dongle on my old computer, but still no luck.

However, both of these claim that the signal is at 100% and the Internet is there, but they won't actually go on the Internet.

I can't work out why they won't go on the Internet as the settings haven't changed and they worked fine before through this setup. If any can give me any tips on what might be the problem and what I can do to solve it that would be great.

If it makes a difference, this computer (now the main computer) is Vista. The old computer is windows 2000 and the laptop is XP. The router is Belkin. I have got this computer and my PSP console to go online so the connection is there.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users